A man was sentenced on Friday, 8 June to a total of five years for sex offences against four males in Harrow. He will also remain on the sex offenders register for life.
Hasnain Manji, 43 (26.04.69) of The High Street, Wealdstone, Harrow pleaded guilty to fifteen counts of inciting a child to engage in sexual activity (sexual touching) and indecent assault at Harrow Crown Court on Thursday, 5 January.
The first victim, who is now in his 30s, was assaulted in 1989. Manji attacked him when he was 12 years old and asleep. Manji then indecently assaulted the second victim – then aged 10 – whilst they were alone together.
He went on to assault the other two victims in the same manner from August 2010 until May 2011, the boys were 12 and 14 years-old at the time. The offences came to light when one of the victims finally confided in his mother who then alerted police.
Detective Constable Rachel Snow, from the Metropolitan Police Service’s Child Abuse Investigation Command, said: “This man waited until these young boys were alone before assaulting them whilst they were vulnerable. The first two victims suffered in silence for many years trying to put what happened to them at the back of their minds. I commend the bravery of the victims for coming forward.
“Today justice has been done as this man received his sentence, ensuring that no other innocent child shall suffer in his hands in the future.
“We also know that victims of such offences don’t always want to come direct to police and to encourage them to do so The NSPCC have set up a commissioned help line – helpline number of 0808 800 5000, for anyone wishing to make contact. They are also able to offer language services”.
Mr Manji had been employed at the Madrassa, part of the Islamic Centre in Stanmore for a number of years as a teacher at weekends.
Manji pleaded guilty to:
- one count of sexual activity with a child under 18 years [Victim 1] in December 2010;
- seven counts of inciting a child to engage in sexual activity (sexual touching) [Victim 1] from August 2010 until January 2011;
- five counts of inciting a child to engage in sexual activity (sexual touching) [Victim 2] from August 2010 until November 2010;
- one count of indecent assault [Victim 3] between November 1989 and November 1991;
- one count of indecent assault [Victim 4] between April 1990 and April 1991.